By Bryant Wong – On
The one where we sit down with a recruiter!
The Key Points
- As advice for candidates, If you are looking for a new job make sure people know. Make sure your family and friends know because everybody knows everybody in Buffalo.
- One of the most important things to look for in recruits is do they have the culture or personality fit that will mesh well with the team? As a recruitment tool, culture is important and has gotten a lot more important recently.
- Flexible work hours are huge in recruitment. Being able to work from home. The flexibility is important because companies are now learning that people have lives outside of work. They have other activities that they like to do so good employers will provide balance for work, home, life.
- 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm is a great time to get a hold of candidates. They're not at work, they're at home. A lot of recruiting is also done during lunch hour between like 11:00 and 1:00 when people are taking lunches.
- If you talk to a candidate and you ask them to send in their resume, and they don't get it to you right away. That's a red flag.
- As advice to people that bounce around jobs, try to stick it out for at least 2 years. That way you can get rid of the previous shorter experiences on your resume.
Looking for more educational information? Check out these Small business 101 episodes covering How To Create Strategies for Running Effective Meetings and Small Business Employee Benefits Package: Where To Start.
Sharing is caring! If you like what you see, don't forget to like, share and subscribe to Arbeit U for the latest in collections and small business!